Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.Daniel 2:20-22,
The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. Deuteronomy 29:29,
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. Matthew 13:11
Great men are men who knows the secret things, power is given to those who knows the secret, great treasure are hidden, (no treasure is placed in the surface) and those who discover them rules their generation. Joseph rules his generation because he knew what others don’t know (Gen 41:39-40).
Daniel ruled his generation because he knew what others don’t know. Daniel 2:20-22. You cannot be greater than your discovery. How deep you dig determines how strong and great you will be. There is safety in the secret place. Psalm 71:1. No king is enthroned without knowing the secret things of the kingdom. Your level of awareness determined your level of achievement. You cannot be terrorized by what you have discovered.
Great discussion are made in the secret palace: i.e.
- The dethronement of Vashti – Esther1:12-21
- The enthronement of Esther. Esther 2:16-17
- The decision to honor Mordecai. Esther6:1-10
- The anointing of David as aking.1Samuel 16:1-13
- The death of John the Baptist. Mathew 14:6-11
Every great pronouncement is a product of the decision made in the secret place.
Secrets are hidden things, It is a classified information, a mystery, when a man don’t know the secret, evil will overtake him, when a man don’t know the secret, success will be difficult for him, When a man don’t know the secret his journey will slow down, when a man don’t know the secret, he won’t fulfil destiny, when a man don’t know the secret, he loses many benefits.
4 Sets of people who will never know the secret things.
- Those who are lazy: knowing the secret things requires digging deep. It’s for those who are ready to go extra mile but a lazy man will not want to do that.
- Those who are proud: even God despises the proud and He won’t reveal his secret to the person he despises. When a man is proud he loses many information. No man takes a proud man to the secret place because he possess a threat to him.
- Those who are not matured in the spirit. No man reveal secret to babies because they might not be able to handle the information. Babies talk too much so secret things cannot shown to them because they cannot keep it.
- Those who are careless: when a man is careless, you don’t entrust treasures in his hand. So, no man exposes his secret to a careless man because it’s dangerous.
How do we discover secret things?
Be connected to God
God unfold his secrete to those who are connected to him. In Rev 4:1 when God wants to show John the things of the future he asked him to come closer. God told Abraham his intention to go and destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham was his bosom friend. He also reveal secretes to Daniel because he stood for him even in the land of captivity. When you are connected to God he will show you all you need to know. Psalm 91:1.
Have the fear of God
“The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant”Psalm 25:14. God shows his secrete to those who fear him because he knows they will keep his status and walk in his will. So if you want to know more, embrace the fear of God.
“For the forward is abomination to the LORD: but his secret is with the righteous”. Proverb 3:32. Only the righteous can dwell in the secrete place of the most high. So it takes the righteous to dig the secret of the Lord.
Be filled with the Holy Spirit
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God”.1Corinthians 2:9-10. Only those who are filled with the spirit can dig into the secrete things of the Lord.
God is interested in taken us to a deeper relationship with him, where we operate in the supernatural realm. As his children, he wants to unfold the mysteries of the kingdom to us. Nothing is supposed to take us by surprise, all we need to do is get closer to him and keep our focus on him. God wants your attention, give it to him.