Kingdom service is not for feeble men, it is for strong, agile, courageous, focused, and determined people who are not carried away by the circumstances around or challenges of life but can stand the test of time. The bible gives an adequate perspective of what Christianity is all about:
- It is a stand and it takes the strong to take it
- It is a walk and it requires strength
- It is a race, only the strong will run and not faint
- It is a battle, you must be strong to fight it
Jesus understood this as he addressed His disciples towards his departure.
The work He entrusted into their hands was at its advanced level and he wanted it to go beyond their locality. He gave them every necessary thing needed to equip themselves for the assignment: they were called, trained, and exposed to vital experiences needed. But towards His departure, He told them they need to be empowered for the assignment. He believed that the world is no longer interested in the definition of the gospel but in the demonstration of the power of the gospel. So, if kingdom work is going to be advanced in our hand, we need to be empowered for it.
What does it mean to be empowered?
- To be empowered is to be equipped
- It is to be enlightened
- It is to be strengthened
- To be fortified
- To be authorized
- To be given the mandate needed for the assignment
- To be given what it takes to fulfil the purpose
- To be given the enabling grace to carry out your intention
The kingdom is the sovereign, power, dominion, and rule to infiltrate, influence and incorporates all who would receive its provisions, promises, promotion, and protection. For the kingdom of God and for experiencing and enjoying the kingdom lifestyle.
- K – Knowledge and
- I – Insight
- N – Necessary for
- G – Gaining
- D – Dominion
- O – Order and
- M – Multiplication
To advance is to proceed progressively by divine impartation, inspiration, imagination, and instruction. This will help you move forward to the kingdom of God and to experience and enjoy the kingdom lifestyle. Advance is
- A – Acceleration by
- D – Divine
- V – Vision
- A – Accurately
- N – Nurtured by
- C – Courageous
- E – Effort
Three laws of advancement
- Press: Push
- Proceed: Persist
- Progress: Development
Evidence of spiritual empowerment
- When you are empowered, you become a vital instrument in the hand of God – Acts 1:8; 10:38; 1 Samuel 16:13.
- When you are empowered, you’ll become a terror to the Devil – Luke 10:19.
- When you are empowered, you’ll become a reference point in your generation – Acts 2:1-7.
- When you are empowered, you will change your world – Judges 6:12.
- When you are empowered, nothing will stop your move – Acts 4:33.
- When you are empowered you’ll become an activist in the spiritual realm – Acts 4:1-22.
- When you are empowered, you’ll become an authority in your area.
- When you are empowered, your destiny cannot be terminated – Genesis 45:1-8.
- When you are empowered, you’ll become an instrument of change.
Steps to Spiritual empowerment
- You must be regenerated – Romans 8:9, John 3:5.
- You must be addicted to God’s word – Joshua 1:8; Colossians 3:16; John 15:7.
- You must sanctify your heart – 2 Timothy 2:19 – 21; Leviticus 20:7; 21:8; Joshua 3:5; 7:13.
- Commit yourself to God in fasting and prayer – Acts 4: 31 – 33; Mark 9:29.
- Release yourself for the infilling of the Holy Spirit – Acts 1:8; Luke 24:49.
Kingdom advancement is not an easy task, it is by force. Jesus said in Matthew 11:12, that: “and from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force”.
This shows that the work in our hands is not for people who don’t want to be stressed but for those who are ready to go the extra mile. So if the kingdom work will be advanced in our hand, we must be ready to be empowered.