The story of Jesus triumphant entry to Jerusalem brought us to a serious case in our Christian life. We saw Jesus giving order to His disciples to go into a village and bring a donkey with her child who were tied in one location. Only God knows how many years they have been tied there.
But this time, there was an order from the master of universe to untie them because they were needed for God’s glory. The same way God told Pharaoh to let His people go that they might serve Him (Exodus 8:1.) The same way He’s talking to whatsoever is tying your destiny down today to let you go because you are needed for His glory. The donkeys were released by divine order, they were brought to serve the master of universe and they were honored for Jesus sake.
You need to understand that you are alive today because you are needed of the Lord. God kept you from all the odds of life because he needs you. He protects you from the attacks of the enemy because he needs you. He’s providing for your needs on daily basis because he needs you. The favour you enjoyed from him is because he needs you. He gives you strength and power to be useful for him. He releases his grace upon you because he needs you.
Everyone like to invest on assets not liabilities – an important reason why God is investing on you because he wants you to be vessel unto him. God orders your release from the shackles of sin and satanic bondage because you are needed by him. You could have died of that sickness but you are kept alive for a purpose.
What are you needed for?
- God Needs You to Praise Him Always – 2 Peter 2:9: The primary purpose of everyone on earth is to praise God. The bible encourage us in Psalm 67:3 & 5 that all the people should praise the Lord. Psalm 150:6 also said let everything that has breath praise the Lord. So, you are alive because only the living can praise the Lord.
- He Needs You to Intercede For The World – Ezekiel 22:30: One other important role that God want man to play while he is alive is to intercede for others. Abraham interceded for Sodom and Gomorra, Moses interceded for Israel. Jesus interceded for Peter and the church as a whole. The church intercede for Peter during His arrest (Acts 12:5.) God is always in need of men who can intercede for their generation.
- He Needs to You to Encourage The Downtrodden: The time we are is a time when people seriously need encouragement. A lots of people are weighed down with life challenges and God needs men to encourage them. Men like Barnabas who encourage Paul when he was a young convert. Moses was told to encourage Joshua and strengthen him for the task ahead of him (Deuteronomy 1:38; 3:28.) In 2 chronicles 35:2, the priests were encouraged to the service of the Lord. Encouragers are seriously needed in kingdom service.
- He Needs You to Correct Errors in The Body of Christ: Another urgent vacancy in the kingdom service is the position of men and women who are bold enough to correct the error and abnormalities in the body of Christ. Men like Paul are needed who challenged churches like Galatians and Corinthians. Men like the biblical prophets such as Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Nathan, Daniel, etc. who can challenge people to their faces and say: this is an error. Men like John the Baptist who will not compromise the truth. A lots of error have entered the church and God needs men, through whom Jesus will entered the church and say My house are supposed to be a house of prayer, but you have turned it to dens of robbers.
- He Needs You to Proclaim The Gospel: People now proclaim their denomination, they proclaim their Pastor and how anointed he is. People now proclaim how wealthy they are but neglect the original assignment God gave to us. We talk so much about ourselves, we blame ourselves, and we boast about ourselves, we expose other people’s weaknesses but fail to do the needful. The major assignment given to every Christian is to preach the gospel (Mark 16:15.) What the world need right now is the true gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, not achievements of individual persons or denominations. God urgently need people to proclaim His gospel (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 9:16)
- He Needs You to Strengthen The Weak Brethren: Romans 15:1. There are people who are spiritually weak, who are weak in faith. Romans 14:1. God needs those that are strong to strengthen them. In Luke 22:32, Jesus told Peter he has prayed for him, and after his restoration, he should strengthen others. So, you must understand that God uphold you to strengthen the weak brethren.
- He Needs You to Care for The Needy: one other areas that God urgently need people is the area of caring for the needy. From the days of the Israelites, God told them to care for the poor, the widows and the orphan among them. Jesus in his days fed people when they are in need. The early church takes care of the needy among them (Acts 4:32-35.) Abraham was blessed to be a blessing. So also those of us who are blessed are to bless others (Proverb 19:17.)
What Do We Do?
- As Christians We Need to Live A Life of Consecration. Mark 11:2 explains that the donkey has not been used by any man. Romans 12:1 encourages us to present our body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is our reasonable service. God is interested in using a consecrated vessel – 2 Timothy 2:21
- We Must Be Willingly to Serve The Lord: The donkey according to the study did not struggle with the disciples sent – that made it easier for their release and their use. Your wiliness is very important in God’s agenda for your life – Isaiah 1:19
- We Must Be Ready to Carry Jesus to Wherever We Go: The donkeys were honored in-as–much-as Jesus is riding on them. The honor stops when they no longer carry Jesus. When you are carrying God’s presence you will be honored among men, no power will be able to challenge you. You will become an essential commodity.
Finally, God is still interested in reaching out to the world but he needs men who will make themselves available for His use to reach out to people. Are you ready for this?