So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work – Nehemiah 4:6.
God’s purpose is that his kingdom may flourish and progress. When he created man he asked him to work because he knows that for anything to move, someone must be working. Genesis 2:15. Jesus, in Matthew 11:28, calls those who labour to come to him not those who are idle.
And in Revelation 22:12, he promise to come back and reward everyone according to the work of their hand. For creation to come to existence, God himself work Genesis 1. Since creation, God always invest in people he knows that they are ready to work.
Nehemiah was given the passion to build the wall of Jerusalem, he communicated it to his people and it became a success because the people had a heart to work. They were so committed to the work that they are ready to risk their life for it. They don’t allow any form distractions and discouragement to shift their focus from the work.
Success or failure is in our mindset. Before your hand can work your mind must be working. When a church is moving forward it is the work of the people with progressive mind.
- Those who have the mind to work don’t give excuses.
- Those who have the mind to work don’t shift blame
- Those who have the mind to work will go extra mile
- Those who have the mind to work will flow with men of like-passion.
- Those who have the mind to work will always forge ahead irrespective of the challenges they are facing
- Those who have the mind to work will not look at what others are saying or doing.
- Those who have the mind to work will not be offended by human error.
- Those who have the mind to work know that God is the rewarder of those who diligently seek him Hebrew 11:6, revelation 3:8, 22:12
What to do
Let the mind of Christ be in you.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Philip 2:5
Let your mind be on things that are admirable.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philip. 4:8
Guard your heart with all diligence.
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life – Proverb 4:23.
Serve the Lord with all your heart.
Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you. 1Samuel.12:24.
God has a purpose for the end time church, but for this purpose to come to pass we need people with the mind to work.
- Those who have the mind to labour for kingdom expansion.
- Those who have the mind to labour in prayer aggressive evangelism.
- Those who have the mind to work with their hand and resources.
These are seriously and urgently needed in the church today. Are you one of them?
Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded. 2 Chro. 15:7