Many things seem impossible with men but possible with God. The human mind has a lot of limitations. Most times we can’t fathom what the will of God is, and this made us limit the power of God in our lives.
But there are provisions for us in the Bible that our God is the God of all possibilities. In Jeremiah 32:27, He said, “I am the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me”. In Ezekiel 37, He challenged Prophet Ezekiel, asking him if he believes that dry bone can live.
Crossing the red sea sounds impossible but God made it possible (Exodus 14). Raising Lazarus from dead after four days sound impossible but God made it possible. Making a woman pregnant and delivered with having no sex with a man sound impossible but God made it possible. Luke 1:37. Making a 90 years old woman bear a child at old age sound impossible but God made it possible. Genesis 18:21.
There are no impossibilities with our God. So, if you are truly born of God, you must have a possibility mentality. If truly you are rooted in Christ, you must operate with a possibility mindset – John 14:12. So unfortunate that the possibility mentality of many Christians is locked. They only operate with an impossibility mindset and that is why things are not working for them because you can’t operate beyond your mindset.
Some Israelites who had the mindset of not getting there did not get there eventually -Numbers 14:28. The Lord who told Elisha that what he says cannot happen saw it but did not eat out of it – 2Kings 7. That is why we need to unlock our possibility mindset.
Things that locked our possibilities mentality include:
1. Sin: When a man continues in sin, heaven will be locked against him. God is passionately against sin. Moreover, don’t forget that 1John: 3:8 says, “He that commits sin is of the Devil”. You can’t be of the Devil and still want to operate in the nature of God. When you give in for sin, you lock yourself out of God’s programme.
2. Doubt/Unbelief: Another sure way to lock yourself outside God’s plan is to doubt his ability. When a man doubts God, he will see impossibility in everything – Hebrews 11:6.
3. Evil communication: James 4:4 says, “Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever, therefore, will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God”. You can’t be an enemy of God and still operate in the nature of God. Possibility is God’s nature but only those who belong to him are entitled to it. Don’t allow evil communication to rob you of your entitlement.
4. Pride of heart: As accommodating as God is, he won’t tolerate proud people. James 4:6 says, “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble” – 1 Peter 5:5. A proud man can never access God’s gift. So, pride is a serious lock.
Keys to unlock
1. Regeneration: It takes regeneration to access every benefit God has for us. Until you are born into the family of God, you can’t carry his nature. Possibility mentality is God’s nature, only those who are born of him have access to that nature. So if you want to access the possibility mentality, regeneration plays a major role.
2. Knowledge of God’s word: Daniel 11: 32 says, “those who know their God will be strong and do exploit”. Unlocking possibility mentality is a major spiritual exploit. If you don’t know God’s word, you might not be able to unlock the mysteries of the kingdom. Jesus said, and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free – John 8:32. You can only claim the promises you know. You can’t claim what you don’t know but on the other hand, ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law. This shows that what you don’t know can hurt you. However, to unlock possibility mentality, you must be rooted in God’s word.
3. Faith in God: In Mark 11:22-23, Jesus encouraged His disciples to have faith in God. He said whoever ask the mountain to move and do not doubt in his heart will see the result. This shows that faith in God is another key to unlock possibility mentality. When a man believes God, he sees Him in action. Heb. 11:6 says, “without faith, it is impossible to please Him”, which means that with faith you will access the realm of possibilities. So faith in God is vital.
4. Aggressive Prayer: Prayer is the Christian’s lifeline to God, and with it, lives are changed for eternity. Acts 12:1-16, the church was in trouble and Peter was arrested but the church prayed aggressively for Peter and God delivered him from the snare of the enemy. Prayer succeeds when all else fails. Prayer brings us into the state of grace where tribulation is not only endured, but there is under it a spirit of rejoicing. Job 22:28 says you will decree a thing and it shall be established. This decree is made in the place of prayer. Prayer is the master key and it is used to unlock many things including the possibility mentality.
5. Giving: Proverb 18:16 says, “A man’s gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men”. One of the keys to unlock possibility mentality is to be a committed giver. God was so committed to giving that He gave His only son – John 3:16. Those who are committed givers always find their ways, even at a tight corner. Giving is one of the keys that open tough doors. So if you want to unlock your possibility mentality, you must be a giver. Give towards the work of God, give to the poor, give to the widows, and give to ministers of God.
The impossibility mentality can stop believers from enjoying God’s uncountable blessings. Stop sinning, get out of pride, evil communication, and unbelief for a turnaround in your life. Henceforth, God will be happy to see you giving to the poor, regenerated, have faith in Him, praying aggressively, and finally, understanding of His word. Change your thinking mentality today, for with God, all things are possible!